Junior Constituency Assistant – Bristol Office
Molly is looking for a part-time (21 hours per week) Junior Constituency Assistant for her constituency office in Bristol. The role will start in approximately March 2018 and will initially be for a fixed term period of 3 months. The position provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight into the workings of the constituency work of an MEP, the European Parliament and to contribute to green politics. You will be exposed to a broad range of issues and will contribute to the output of Molly’s constituency office.
Working closely with (and under the management of) the Constituency Co-ordinator, the Junior Constituency Assistant will provide administrative support and practical assistance to help ensure the smooth running of Mollys office.
What does the role involve?
- Assisting with general office administration (handling emails, letters and phone calls; meeting arrangements)
- Making travel arrangements
- Research and responding to correspondence from constituents and lobbyists
- Help to draft letters to European institutions and Government departments
- Attending and feeding back from meetings and seminars
- Assisting with event organisation
- Drafting articles for Molly’s website
- Other tasks assigned to you by the Constituency Coordinator
What kind of person are we looking for?
Someone who has:-
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a complex new environment
- Genuine passion for Green politics and Molly’s work
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Friendly, personable manner and a sense of diplomacy
- Confidence in using a wide range of IT systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Is not a member of another political party
Additional skills (advantageous but non-essential):-
- Knowledge of and passion for the South West England
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter no longer than 1 side of A4 explaining how you meet the job criteria and why you want the job to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for the position of Junior Constituency Assistant’ in the subject heading.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 15th February. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview which will take place in Bristol on Thursday 22nd.
- Salary: £15,926 per annum pro rata (based on a 35 hour week) i.e. £9,555 per annum for 21 hrs per week
- Hours: 21 per week as agreed by the Constituency Coordinator. Note that occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Location: You will be working mainly from 194 Cheltenham Road